AOL Desktop Gold is advertised as a fast Internet browser where you can explore the world of AOL on a single platform. Since speed is such an important factor in the online world, it will help to know more about the different features of AOL Gold that will facilitate web browsing.
The AOL Desktop Gold icon is one of those features that you can use to make browsing the web faster and easier. This article will give you an overview of the different methods you can use to create an icon or shortcut after completing the download AOL Gold. Once you create the AOL Gold shortcut, you can access the browser with just one click, saving time.
Steps to Add or Create the AOL Desktop Gold Icon
Below you will find three methods that you can use to create and add an AOL Desktop Gold icon to your computer:
Method 1. Steps to create the AOL Gold icon from the taskbar
- Click on the triangle before the clock in the right corner of the taskbar
- When hidden icons are opened, right-click on AOL Desktop Gold
- Press the “Create shortcut” option and check the secret of your desktop to see if the AOL Desktop Gold icon was created.
Method 2. Steps to create the AOL Gold icon from the desktop
- Right-click on your desktop and place the cursor on “New”
- Click on “Shortcut” in the list that appears and continues
- Search for the location of the AOL Gold application and select “Next”
- Enter an appropriate name for the icon or leave the original name
- Press “Finish” and check the desktop to see if your AOL Desktop Gold icon was created.
Method 3. Steps to create the AOL Gold icon using Drag and Drop
- Use the startup program or search for “Programs” to open AOL Gold
- Left-click on the AOL Desktop Gold folder
- Press and hold the button to drag it to the desktop and then release it.
- An AOL Gold icon will be created on the desktop to help you directly access your AOL email.
Steps to anchor the AOL shortcut in the Start menu in Windows 10
For better access, you can follow the steps below to set the AOL Desktop Gold icon directly in the Start menu of your Windows 10 device:
- Open your browser and log in to the AOL account.
- Go to Settings in the upper right corner of the screen.
- In the drop-down menu, click “Pin to start menu”
- You can drag the AOL shortcut to any location in Start.
If you have any problems with the steps given in this article or if you find any technical error after completing your Download AOL Desktop Gold.
You can call the AOL customer service number and speak with a trained professional to find the best solution.